Cool Culture is committed to protecting your privacy when you access our website and the online serviceswe offer. Consistent with New York State’s Internet Security and Privacy Act (NYS ISPA), Freedom of Information Law and Personal Privacy Protection Law, this policy explains the use of information which you provide to us and information which may be available to us when you access this website.
Information we collect:
• The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
• If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
• When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
This website collects and stores information each time it is accessed to enable us to measure the total number of visitors, and certain non-personal statistical information on types of users, to the different sections of our site. This helps us make our website more accessible and useful to visitors. We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
• Provide, operate, and maintain our websites and mobile applications
• Improve, personalize, and expand our website
• Understand and analyze how you use our website
• Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
• Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
• Send you emails
• Find and prevent fraud
• Log Files
Cool Culture follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Note that Cool Culture has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Under the NYS ISPA, among other rights, New York consumers have the right to:
• Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
• Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
• Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
• The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
• The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
• The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
• The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
• The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
The Office of the State Comptroller’s website contains links to other websites for your information and convenience. The Office of the State Comptroller has no control over the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. Please review the privacy information provided by these sites.
The responsibility for the content and accuracy of information on sites accessed by linking from our website rests with the entities providing the information. This includes any responsibility for updating information upon which visitors may rely.
The inclusion of links from this site to others does not imply any endorsement by the Office of the State Comptroller of any product, service, or vendor. Any mention of products, services or vendors is for informational purposes only.
If another website provides a link from that website to our site, it must link to our home page. Such links may not capture our pages within “frames” from other sites or otherwise present our content as content of another website.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.