We continue to hear about some of the challenges our community is facing as parents and caretakers. With changing classroom quarantine rules and Covid-19 vaccines now available to children as young as five years old, we may be experiencing added uncertainty and have little time for individual and collective wellness.
To support families in a stressful time and to continue building connections with each other, Cool Culture is hosting a free Wellbeing Jamboree, a family and community event. Please join us for family-friendly activities to inspire health and wellbeing at Lewis Latimer House Museum in Flushing, Queens. Sign up here.
We hope Cool Culture can partner with you to inspire practices that promote collective wellbeing. Join us for:
● Family art-making with public school art teacher Bianca Allen and Lewis Latimer House Museum staff
● Movement activation with Babe Oludaré
● Community Mapping Project
● Reading Corner and children’s books giveaway
● Information about wellbeing, healing practices and vaccinations
● Free snacks and hot beverages
Please sign up here and get ready for a joyful time! Your RSVP helps us plan for quantities of art supplies, books, and other materials. We look forward to seeing you on February 19!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2022 @ 12:00PM
Lewis Latimer House Museum
34-41 137th Street, Queens, NY 11354
7 train to Flushing or LIRR to Flushing Main Street. Walk about 12 minutes north from train stations.